Account switching will be available as part of Instagram version 7.15 for iOS and Android
Tada! The long-awaited and rumoured Instagram feature is finally there, you can now add up to 5 Instagram accounts and quickly switch between them without having to log out and log back in.Starting this week, you can quickly and easily switch between multiple accounts on Instagram!Click To Tweet
How to add another account:
- Go to your profile and tap or in the top right
- Scroll down and tap Add Account
- Enter the username and password of the account you’d like to add
How to switch between accounts:
- Go to your profile
- Tap your username at the top of the screen
- Tap the account you’d like to switch to
How to remove an account
To remove an Instagram account you’ve added, you can log out of the account:
- Go to your profile and switch to the account you’d like to remove.
- Tap or in the top right.
- Scroll down and tap Log out of [username] or Log out of All Accounts. Logging out of all accounts will remove all the accounts you’ve added.
Is this a revolution?
Well, sort of – this is a great feature overall that will ease the lives of thousands of social media managers (and/or even YOUR life as an artist, since you may have different profiles to manage, like your personal Instagram account and your professionnal / artist Instagram account – by the way check the latest Sounds app update) but Instagram still did not implement another “vital” functionality which would be the option to schedule posts.
Do you manage multiple Instagram accounts? What do you think about this update? What tools did you use previously for managing multiple accounts?